HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATION ANALYSIS
Nursing has a pivotal role in shaping policies and implementing practices to improve patient outcomes. Increasingly, healthcare is being reimbursed based on outcomes, including patient satisfaction and quality of care. Healthcare professionals are being held accountable for the care provided and the patient outcomes achieved. In this changing environment, nurses should have an awareness of financial implications, share in the decision-making process, and leverage data through participation in continuous improvement processes.
For this task, you will examine the payment model of a healthcare organization and compare it with the principles of value-based care.
You will consider the organizational ethics that are reflected in the financial structure of the organization and discuss data that informs this financial structure. You will compare this organization to another organization and consider which organization is most aligned with value-based care principles. You will discuss the role of nursing in the fiscal responsibility of the value-based care model.
Your goal for this task is to clearly and concisely present a recommendation that analyzes the alignment of the financial structure within a healthcare organization to value-based healthcare and analyzes the role of nursing in value-based healthcare, using convincing evidence to promote the necessity for change.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
A. Examine a healthcare organization that has significance to you, using the American Hospital Directory (AHD) and the Care Compare websites found in the Web Links section, and complete the following:
1. Identify the healthcare organization you selected from the AHD by name and location.
2. Explain why you chose the healthcare organization in part A1 and any significance the organization has to you, including specific examples.
3. Describe (suggested length 1–2 paragraphs) the healthcare organization from A1 and the “type of facility” it is, according to AHD website, and the types of services this kind of facility typically provides.
a. Explain what the “type of control”, according to AHD website, means for this healthcare organization identified in part A1 and how it informs the services typically provided at this healthcare organization.
4. Discuss the facility’s Overall Star Rating from the Care Compare website and identify how the Star Rating is measured. If the facility does not have an Overall Star Rating explain why.
a. Identify one credible additional source of quality data on healthcare organizations.
5. Discuss two organizational ethics that are reflected in the type of facility and the type of control listed for this organization, including specific examples.
6. Discuss the nurse’s role in fiscal responsibility for this type of organization related to value-based care, including specific examples.
7. Describe one healthcare organizational change that could improve the delivery of value-based healthcare for the healthcare organization from part A1.
B. Compare the financial structure and data of the healthcare organization you discussed in part A with another organization listed on the AHD and Care Compare websites that is within the same or an adjacent state, including specific examples from each healthcare organization.
1. Discuss which healthcare organization from part B is more aligned with value-based healthcare, including one scholarly evidence source published within the last five years to support the discussion.
2. Discuss which healthcare organization from part B is more supportive of equitable patient-centered care, including one scholarly evidence source published within the last five years to support the discussion.
3. Discuss one financial and one quality data source that could inform organizational transformation in any healthcare organization.
C. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
Requirements: APA format